Welcome to the Charlotte Central School Health Office.
Cindy Schnell, MSN, RN
Health Office Phone: 425-6644
HEALTH OFFICE HOURS: 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The Health Office at Charlotte Central School is committed to supporting the health and wellness of students in Preschool through Grade 8. Optimum health is essential for learning and enhances school success. I work with families, doctors, and school staff to promote student health and wellness in order to support their learning. If you have any questions, concerns, or updates regarding your child's health, please don't hesitate to contact me.
When Should I Keep My Child Home?
• Fever (greater than 100°). Your child’s temperature should be back to normal (less than 99°) for at least 24 hours before returning to school.
• Coughing (excessive). Your child’s cough should be “dry” sounding and easily controlled by a drink of water or cough drop before returning to school.
• Vomiting or Diarrhea. Your child should be able to eat food and drink liquids without vomiting or diarrhea for at least 24 hours before returning to school.
• Red or Draining Eyes. Please keep your child at home and check with a physician to ensure your child does not have conjunctivitis.
• Excessive Nasal Drainage. Please keep your child at home and check with a physician to ensure your child does not have an infection.
• Lice. Please treat your child’s lice and nits with proper medication. Child can return following treatment and exam by nurse or principal designee.
• Unusual Rash. Please keep your child at home and check with a physician to ensure that the rash is not contagious.
• Infection. If your child has been tested or treated for any contagious infection, please ensure that he/she has been taking the prescribed medication for at least 24 hours before returning to school.